What’s new on the travel ban from the Trump administration and the Trump family?

Trump administration officials are under increasing pressure to come up with an explanation for the new travel ban issued by the Obama administration.

In an interview with ABC News, acting attorney general Sally Yates told ABC’s “This Week” that she had been directed to draft an official explanation that could be shared with the public within two weeks.

The order has sparked outrage from Americans and lawmakers across the country.

The executive order issued Wednesday blocks citizens from Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen from entering the United States for 90 days.

Trump administration spokesmen told ABC News on Sunday that the president’s order was not directed at Iran, and that it was issued based on intelligence from U.S. and allied officials.

But Yates said she did not know whether the executive order had been coordinated with the Trump transition team, and she added that she was working on an explanation.

“I haven’t seen any of those documents,” Yates told “This Now” host George Stephanopoulos.

So I’m not at liberty to say how this will work in the days to come.””

As you know, it was an executive order, not a directive from the president.

So I’m not at liberty to say how this will work in the days to come.”

White House spokesman Sean Spicer also said on Sunday on ABC News’ “This Sunday” that the new order was intended to protect the country from a “terrorist threat.”

The White House has refused to provide any explanation for why the order was issued.

The Trump administration has repeatedly insisted that the ban was needed because the Islamic State group had reemerged in the United State, a claim it rejects.

“The president has said this is about terror,” Spicer told “Fox News Sunday.”

“It is not about security.”